19 Tips for Getting the Most Out of LinkedIn
Return to the first 12 tips
Read the last 7 points. As time goes by, read all 19 once in a while. Eventually you will have all of these online marketing tips incorporated into your LinkedIn strategies.
13. Sprinkle pertinent keywords throughout your profile. Don’t overdo it.
14. Join groups and get involved. Don’t just wait for people to find you.
Join groups, engage in relevant conversations and connect with other
professionals. However, make sure that the things you add to the
conversation are worthwhile.
15. Update your status daily with high quality information.
16. Add visual content to your profile. Showcase the videos, photos and
presentations that are related to what you do. People like marketers,
real estate agents, interior designers and photographers all have rich
media to add. What do you have? To share your rich media on your
profile, select “edit profile” and follow the prompts in your “Summary,” “Experience” and “Education” sections. It’s just good online marketing.
17. Add recommendations. Ask former employers and coworkers to tell the world how good you are at what you do. Try to get 10 or 12 good recommendations in your profile. It could help you to secure a job interview.
18. Personalize your connection requests. When you want to connect with someone for the first time, write something personalized. They are more likely to want to connect with you.
19. Follow your ideal employers. Even if you love your present job, follow companies you may like to work for one day. Post enough information so that representatives from those companies will get to know you.
More online marketing tips
The Linked InSights website gives 3 examples of amazing LinkedIn summaries. Their website says: Your LinkedIn Summary is the most important white space on your entire LinkedIn Profile. What you choose to write here can make the difference between professional success or stagnation. I found 3 great examples which demonstrate the art of writing a powerful Summary. More
The LinkedIn Talent Blog website has an article called How to create an effective LinkedIn profile. It begins with: In my experience, the place where most people struggle in optimizing their LinkedIn profiles isn’t with their content, it’s with their approach. Here’s the source of the problem… More
The LinkedIn Official Blog website has an article called Creating A Killer LinkedIn Profile: Tips From Link Humans. It begins with: Your profile is the place to show off your greatest successes and future aspirations. It’s also one of the first chances you have to make a good first impression for anyone discovering you on or off of LinkedIn—whether it’s a future colleague searching for you on the
Internet, a potential client looking at your past work before a meeting, or a recruiter deciding whether to reach out to you for your next dream job… More
This video is called How to Set Up a Winning Linkedin Profile. Here is a comment that one of the YouTube viewers made about it: Well explained! Thanks for sharing #AprilleFranks-Hunt I feel personally feel more ready to start filling out my profile.
Inevitable Social Media
is a free 25 page ebook giving an excellent overview of social media
marketing. To get your free copy, click on the picture of the ebook.
- To find the higher quality blogs about online mareting with LinkedIn, download a free copy of CurationSoft. Then enter online marketing with LinkedIn into the search box. If you will upgrade from your lite (free) version of CurationSoft, you can become an affiliate and sell the software from your website.You will get a commission every time someone upgrades form the lite
version to the paid version.
Peter Enns has been developing websites since 1996. He is a social media blogger and author of the free YouTube video-creation tutorial called 7 Day YouTube.