Go to the last 7 tips plus more
19 Tips for Getting the Most Out of LinkedIn
Go to the last 7 tips plus more
After you have your LinkedIn account set up, read these 19 points. As time goes by, read them once in a while. Eventually you will have all of these tips incorporated into your LinkedIn marketing.
- Think about the ideal person you would like reading your profile. Then aim your summary at that person. Every point in your summary should be written with that person in mind.
- Choose the right profile picture. Use a high-quality, recent picture of yourself in a professional setting.
- Have a headline at the top of your summary. It should be catchy and have the keyword(s) for which you wish to be found.
- Include an email address in your summary to make it simple for people to get hold of you.
- If possible, make a compelling YouTube video to post in your summary. If it is reasonable to do so, include footage where people hear and see you talking. (Read the series of pages about how to create Youtube videos.)
- Tell people to click on your video. It may not be obvious enough.
- Write in the first person.
- Without overdoing it, keyword load your work history with terms for which you want to be known.
- Fill your skills & expertise section with keywords for which you want to be endorsed.
- Short, compelling summary. You are trying to sell yourself to an employer or someone you are trying to impress. Using few words, describe your business history and convince people that you are good at what you do.
- Proofread it carefully several times. Make sure there are no spelling or grammatical errors. Make sure it expresses exactly what you are trying to express.
- Aim to have over 500 connections.
Inevitable Social Media
is a free 25 page ebook giving an excellent overview of social media
marketing. To get your free copy, click on the picture of the ebook.
More LinkedIn marketing tips
Ignore these 3 myths
The Fox News website says
Newcomers to the networking platform LinkedIn make every mistake in the book. But they can sidestep their spammy promotional ways — if they can banish certain misconceptions from their minds. Read more.
How to use LinkedIn for business
The Cariad Marketing website says
I remember before leaving university that I had dipped into LinkedIn and had set up a basic account with a profile picture and my skills but I never really took it any further. Little did I know at the time, that there was a vast world out there where professionals, old and young were connecting to grow their businesses and personal profiles. So what can you do to start your journey and use LinkedIn effectively for your business? Read more.
LinkedIn blog for Milennials
A LinkedIn blog post says
And if you’re one of the 87 million Millennials on LinkedIn but you’re not sure if you’re getting the most out of the LinkedIn platform, this playbook is for you. Read more.
- To find the higher quality blogs about LinkedIn marketing tips, download a free copy of CurationSoft. Then enter LinkedIn marketing into the search box. If you will upgrade from your lite (free) version of CurationSoft, you can become an affiliate and sell the software from your website. You will get a commission every time someone upgrades form the lite version to the paid version.
Peter Enns has been developing websites since 1996. He is a social media blogger and author of the free YouTube video-creation tutorial called 7 Day YouTube.