LinkedIn is a powerful social medium for business people. It helps people find new employees, find jobs and find amazing business ideas. Below are some LinkedIn tips to help you get the most out of this social medium.
Here are 10 tips for getting more from LinkedIn.
- Go to your home page and discover who has viewed your profile lately. Consider writing them, looking at their profile and eventually connecting with them.
- Occasionally click on Interests > Companies to see if you can share an update on your company page.
- Add a LinkedIn share button to the bottom of your better blog posts. When visitors click on it, they will be sharing your blog post with their business network on LinkedIn. There are 3 different buttons from which to choose. Go to the share button page, copy the snippet of code and paste it into the HTML of your website.
- A very important person may be searching for someone just like you. Make sure your LinkedIn profile has the right keywords.
- There is a LinkedIn group for almost every interest imaginable. Join a few that relate to your business. Start by clicking on Find a group and then entering the topic in which you are interested.
- Post a discussion in a group(s). You will turn people off if you are blatantly trying to sell something. If you want to promote something, do it subtly.
- Comment on ongoing group discussions. When it naturally flows, you may add a link to a discussion. The caution from point #6 above also applies to comments.
- Go to the bottom of some of your better web pages. Add a link to your LinkedIn profile.
- Click the home tab regularly to see what your connections are up to. Use this opportunity to interact with them.
- Consider publishing on LinkedIn Pulse. You do not want to get penalized by Google by having an identical article published both on your blog and on LinkedIn Pulse. However, LinkedIn has a much better Alexa rank than your blog. You are much more likely to have your article noticed when it is published in LinkedIn Pulse rather than your blog. To learn more about LinkedIn Pulse, hover over your profile image and click on Get Help. Then start searching for information about long-form posts. Eventually you should end up reading an article titled Publishing Long-form Posts on LinkedIn.
Other LinkedIn tips pages
The Blogging Wizard says: The truth is that one of the most effective ways to generate more traffic from social media is to use LinkedIn. The key is knowing exactly how to use LinkedIn in a way that will bring you more traffic and email subscribers. More
The Inbound Market Link says: Over the years Linked In has morphed from a great networking tool into an incredible prospecting machine – if you know how to use it. Following are key, best approaches to promoting yourself and your company on LinkedIn, … More
The Tech ‘n Marketing blog says: Not only does this help promote your name as an expert, all your answers appear on your connections’ home page. Answering questions on LinkedIn is a very effective tool to promote yourself and enhance your network. More
The LD Products website says: You’ll find that expanding your network on Linkedin requires little time and effort. Promote Yourself. Include links to your Linkedin profile page from your website and from all of your online social media accounts, such as your … More
5 ways to improve your LinkedIn profile
SlideShare post corresponding to this blog page
Alexa rank: The Business.com website says
Alexa’s “global traffic rank is a measure of how a website is doing relative to all other sites on the web over the past three months.” The free Alexa toolbar gives you a decent snapshot to work with, including load time, bounce rate, keywords bringing visitors to your site, and more. Read more.
Peter Enns has been developing websites since 1996. He is a social media blogger and author of the free YouTube video-creation tutorial called 7 Day YouTube.