100 clicks a day from Pinterest
Jonathan Gebauer from The Social Ms is a social media whiz with 170,000 Twitter followers. I just read his email about Pinterest.
He wrote about what you can do to get 100 clicks a day from Pinterest. All you have to do, Jonathan says, is work with the four points below a half hour a day for 2 weeks.
1. Find your niche
- Ask yourself, “What would my customers search for on Pinterest?” For instance, I’m selling a training manual entitled How to Serve Customers with Disabilities. Logic would tell me that they would search for staff training. So, I should have a board on staff training.
- Then get more specific. Precisely what form of staff training would my customer be interested in? I could call a board Disability Training.
- If you have, for instance, a board for your jewellery business, Jewellery may not be precise enough for the search engines. People may be more inclined to search for “necklaces” or “bracelets”. So, have one board called Necklaces and another called Bracelets.
- Find your topic & stick to it for the long haul. Pinterest shows people pin based on what they’ve pinned & repined.
2. Start pinning
Pinterest is interest & keyword based. So, make sure each of the pins is related to your board. Make sure each pin on a particular board is related to your keywords & interests.
3. Get followers
Every day follow a couple of people. People will begin to follow you. Try to get a couple hundred followers.
To follow or unfollow a particular board:
- Search for the person & visit their profile
- Click Follow or Unfollow
If the above does not work, watch the video below.
4. Group boards
Find group boards in your niche. Contact the owners and ask if they want to work together and share content. After I’ve found a few of these cooperative group boards, post to each one every day.
You get a targeted audience that isn’t seeing you yet.
Multiple pages about Pinterest
Go to this menu to find multiple tips about using Pinterest.