Caldera forms are free and they are full of features:
- Multiple columns
- Multiple pages
- Conditional Logic
- Registration & login
- Dynamic — fields can change based on users’ answers
- Product purchase forms
- Support ticket forms
- Lead capture forms
- Newsletter sign-up forms
- Various types of calculators
- Feedback survey forms
After installing and activating Caldera forms, they will show up on your WordPress dashboard.
- Click on new Caldera Forms link > Forms in black column
- Click New Form at top of page
- Click on one of the 7 templates for different types of form
- Name it
- Click Create Form
- Here is a key to what you get:
- Delete row
- Break row into columns
- Drag & drop row to different location
- New row in this table
- New table (It could be one single-column row.)
- When you click on the New Table plus sign, you will get a white box. Drag New Field blue button into it.
- Save and then click on Form Settings tab. You will see a shortcode that looks like the image below. Paste that shortcode where you want the form tobe. (Note that you do NOT have to place the shortcode within the source code. It can be anywhere you want in Visual view.)
Here are two problems you may have had after testing the form out:
1. I do not get the email
Click on the green Email tag. Make sure your email address is listed under Email Recipients. If that does not work, make sure your email type is set at Text.
2. Visitor information is not in email
When you entered the names of the fields, each name was given a slug. Under Email Message, each slug must be entered surrounded by percentage signs. (See illustration above.)
3. If you are still having email issues,
go to this Caldera Forms page.