Purpose of the video production: To tell people that we can create a granite pet memorial with a permanent black and white photo of their dog. It would have a quality as good as any black and white photo.
One main message For a video production this short, you should have one main message and have everything somehow relate to that message.
Click-to-call buttons in online advertising
Here’s something that my not be in your online advertising arsenal: The Business 2 Community website says
Facebook advertising tips
The Wix.com blog says
With more than a billion people logging into Facebook every single day, there’s no shortage of opportunities to use the channel to drive traffic to your business or website. From the free to big-budget backed, we listed our favorite tips to get the most out of your Facebook advertising. Read more.
How the Facebook News Feed Works
The Social Media Examiner website says
Are you struggling to remain visible in Facebook’s news feed? Wondering how Facebook decides what to show in the news feed? In this article you’ll discover how the Facebook news feed algorithm works. Read more
The principle to remember is that if you try to aim at everyone, you will end up aiming at no one. You should select a specific target audience. Everything in the video (music, pictures, spoken words, etc.) will aim at that audience.
- Facebook has some excellent tools for aiming at a target audience.
- I am trying to sell granite pet memorials.
- So, with Facebook I can target at people who are very interested in dogs.
- The pet memorials cost over $100. So, I wanted people who could afford that. To try and make that happen, I chose an audience between 25 and 64 years old with a college degree.
- Because of the limitations of Facebook, I actually had two target audiences:
- People whose dogs had recently died and
- People who will eventually want a granite pet memorial. To aim at this latter group, I had to include elements that would help people remember the website address — LaserPhoto.ca. Including the video machine in action would help them to remember the word Laser. Emphasizing the high-quality photo would help them remember the word Photo.
Who are you? People must know who we are so that they will be confident enough to buy. The very first shot told what we do. Also, the laser machine in action helped. Also, including a high-quality website that happens to have lots of testimonials helps. Also, there was more than one example of a granite pet memorial in a garden.
Call to action There has to be a call to action. My video production had two calls to action:
- Go to the website for more information and
- Purchase a memorial. Note that the “For more information…” box was deleted for the very end of the video. Because it is a Wistia video, the website domain name will remain as long as the web page is open.
Length of video production A good principle to follow is this: People are more likely to watch a complete video if it is short. So, say enough to say what you need to say and say no more. My goal was to do that in 30 seconds.
Actual video production For a complete tutorial on how to make videos including YouTube videos and videos like this one, go to the YouTube tutorial.
Video supplemented by
SlideShare production of this page
Learn how to make SlideShare presentations like the one above. Notice the online advertising link in the last slide.
Peter Enns has been developing websites since 1996. He is a social media blogger and author of the free YouTube video-creation tutorial called 7 Day YouTube.