How to compress your PDF file
This was amazing. My ebook was compressed from 1.63 MB to 695 KB in less than one minute.
I went to the Smallpdf website, dragged the PDF file into the red drag & drop box and downloaded the 695 KB file into my downloads folder.
Create PDF file on web page
Some email filters may filter out emails with attached PDF files. So, as well as attaching a PDF file to an email, it is a good plan to also have the ebook in a web page as a PDF file. You can send the link to that PDF page in an AWeber Thank You page.
Read this PDF FAQ to learn how to create that page. After you have created that page, you will see a link like the one in this image beneath the title.
Click on that link. You will see the page with the PDF file in it. Shorten the web address by changing that page to a bitly address with a descriptive name. I changed mine to bit.ly/CustomersDisabilities.
Some of the people who buy your ebook likely will not be very technically versed. So, you want to make things as simple as possible. I suggest you include instructions on how to print out the PDF file.
PayPal emails link to ebook
Here’s how to set the PayPal auto return preference:
- Log in to your account.
- Click the Profile Icon next to Log Out.
- Click Profile and Settings.
- Click My Selling tools.
- Click Update beside ‘Website preferences.’
- Select ‘On’ next to ‘Auto Return.’
- Specify the page buyers will be redirected to next to ‘Return URL,’ then click Save.
Note about the Return URL
Enter the URL that will be used to redirect your customers after a payment. The URL will have a link to the web page that has the PDF file. It also must meet the guidelines detailed below.
- According to the PayPal User Agreement, you must explain to the buyer on the page displayed by the return URL that the payment has been made and the transaction completed.
- You must explain on the page displayed by the return URL that payment transaction details will be emailed to the buyer.
- Example: Thank you for your payment. Your transaction has been completed, and a receipt for your purchase has been emailed to you. Log into your PayPal account to view transaction details.
Testing your sales system
After you have set up the link to that URL, it is a best practice to test it out. Buy your ebook using your credit card. Create an invoice for the advertising expense section of your bookkeeping system.
Note that if you have your PayPal account open and PayPal has your credit card information, you will not have to enter your credit card information.
Special note about role-based email addresses
Role-based email addresses begin with things like sales@, info@, help@ and support at. They are often used in spam emails and are filtered out by companies like AWeber.
This means that if you have a role-based address attached to your PayPal account, you should change it. Go to this help article to find out how to do that.