Cybersecurity and your smartphone
A business person can often work more efficiently if they go online with their smartphones & other mobile devices once in a while. However, that does present a cybersecurity problem.
Links, files, photos, contacts and other company data are often stored in the mobile device. Using an Evil Twin phony hotspot or a Firefox Tamper Data plugin, it may just be too easy for hackers to download these data from the hotspots you are using.
Faithfully using PrivateVPN (virtual private network) can virtually eliminate this threat. PrivateVPN has servers in over 55 different countries. Before exposing any confidential information online, you open up PrivateVPN and select a country.
You are then given an IP address for that particular country. Then you go onto the Internet. PrivateVPN encrypts the data before it passes through the Internet. Then it decrypts it when it reaches your computer.
This GIF is an illustration of a user in North America getting an IP address from Finland. Even if a hacker was able to decrypt your data (extremely unlikely), he would not know from which country you came.
I like PrivateVPN because:
- They have a free 7-day trial VPN
- They have servers in 55+ countries
- If their service is too slow, I simply choose another country
- Unlike some other VPNs, they keep no records about where you surf on the web
- You pay for ONE account and can use it on a total of 6 devices
- With PrivateVPN, mobile employees can securely connect to company resources from virtually anywhere in the world. This applies even with insecure Wi-Fi hot spots.
Cybersecurity will be at a high level when you faithfully use PrivateVPN with your mobile devices. Your company financial, customer and other sensitive information will be kept secure. Your employees can increase their productivity and keep things private at the same time.
Watch the video below to learn how to avoid the risks of free wifi.
It’s true! Some countries do NOT allow you to access Google, Wikipedia, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube & other common websites from their countries.
You can circumvent this problem by getting PrivateVPN before going to the restricted country.